1) Create the simple web application.
2) On the Form put the below control.
2.1) File Upload Control (id: FileUpload1)
2.2) button control (id: btnUpLoad)
2.3) label control (id: lblError)
3) On the click event of the button (btnUpload) write following code.
‘check whether user selected any file or not
If FileUpload1.HasFile Then
‘where you want to save this file –here is your drive information
FileUpload1.SaveAs(“C:\TestUpload\” & FileUpload1.FileName)
lblError.Text = “File Upload Successfully”
Catch ex As Exception
‘if any error occured at that time display message to user
lblError.Text = “ERROR: “ & ex.Message.ToString()
‘if user is not selected any file at that time
lblError.Text = “Please Select The File”
3) on above coding you upload file up to around 4 MB.
4) now change the setting in the web config file which are below.
4.1) <httpRuntime maxRequestLength=“10000“/>
By default maxRequestLength is 4096 kb. You can change that here.